Instead of going on a traditional fast a friend and I are taking it slow for 21 days. We’re doing spiritual study and reflection, as well as much of what we know works as relates to diet, rest and exercise. We’re also sharing updates daily – all things being equal. Here’s mine for today:
My success story for today is I listened to 7 minutes of the first book, drank one glass of water, skipped the second corn muffin and any desert at Sweet Tomatoes, put my fork down between bites all but 5 times during lunch and dinner, and walked for about 7 hours while shopping.
I look forward to the manifestation of the complete turnaround in our lives. I look forward to answering in the affirmative the following questions posed by Oswald Chambers in yesterday’s devotional.
Is the Eternal Child in you living in the Father’s house? Are the graces of His ministering life working out through you in your home, in your business, in your domestic circle?
To assist in obtaining this worthy goal, we have each other for accountability and the following texts for company along the way.
- Quiet Confidence for a Woman’s Heart by Elizabeth George
- A Woman’s Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George
- Life Management for Busy Women by Elizabeth George
- When Woman Discovers Her Dream: Finding God’s Purpose for your Life by Cindi McMenamin
- Finding the Life You’ve Been Looking For by H. Norman Wright
- The Passion Test by Janet Bray and Chris Attwood